Real Estate Equity
We have managed discretionary and non-discretionary private real estate equity funds and separate accounts since 1994 and today offer a range of strategies across the risk spectrum and major sectors to meet diverse investment needs.
Real Estate Equity
AUM: $15.3 billion (30 June 2021)
Our team secures access to investments across the risk spectrum and around the globe, applying an active management approach in an effort to maximize each asset's potential.
Our Competitive Advantage
- Global Platform, Local Execution: Our local teams draw upon the expansive resources of one of the largest global real estate investment firms, and execute value-enhancing strategies across property sectors, investment styles and ownership structures.
- Trusted Partner: Our business model creates a fiduciary culture, stability, transparency and alignment of interests with our clients.
- Depth of Team: Our experienced teams collaborate throughout the investment process, bringing together senior Investment Committee leadership with a “boots on the ground” approach that provides real time feedback and early identification of trends.
- Sustainable Approach: We take ESG into consideration at each stage of the investment and management process, and continue to achieve measurable results that demonstrate our ongoing ESG commitment.
- Long-Term Commitment: Our strong parent company backing encourages a long-term focus, and their investment alongside our clients creates an alignment of interests.
European Real Estate: Finding & Creating Value Today
Portfolio manager, Rory Allan, joins Streaming Income to discuss the health of European real estate markets today, where the team is currently seeing—and creating—the most value, and how ESG considerations are continuing to change the investment landscape.View
Keeping Real Estate Portfolios Above Water Amid Rising Sea Levels
As investors increasingly turn their attention to climate risks, concerns about global sea level rise are more frequently influencing investment decisions in real estate markets. The Barings Real Estate team discusses how to measure, analyze and mitigate such risks.View
The Future of Office: From Uncertainty to Opportunity
There are three key drivers that will shape office demand in the recovery ahead—and ultimately determine which assets and markets will be the winners and which will be the losers.View
European Real Estate: Where the Opportunities are Today
Barings Real Estate’s Valeria Falcone describes how COVID-19 has changed the competitive dynamics across European property markets, and highlights where the team is finding and creating value today.View
European Real Estate Equity: Uncovering Value City by City
Charles Weeks, Head of Real Estate Equity for Europe and Asia Pacific, discusses the backdrop for European real estate markets, where the team is seeing the most value by sector and geography, and why they always take an active approach across strategies and investment styles.View
European Real Estate: Late-Cycle Value from Manchester to Munich
Can value still be found (or created) ten years into the European property market cycle? And if so, which sectors, geographies and risk profiles look most compelling? Barings’ Charles Weeks weighs in.View
Real Estate Debt: A Time for Balance
Dean Dulchinos, Head of Real Estate Debt Portfolio Management and Capital Markets, recently spoke with PERE about how he expects the U.S. real estate debt market to shape up in 2019—including the opportunities it presents, the shift in both investor types and risk-reward profiles sought, and how credit cycle placement is affecting the asset class.View