Local market insights. A cycle-tested perspective.
One of the world’s largest diversified real estate investment managers, Barings offers a broad spectrum of solutions across private real estate debt and equity.
Our expertise spans all major property sectors, while our research-based and locally executed investment approach uncovers relative value and is designed to deliver compelling risk-adjusted returns to our clients.
Our Value Add
- Global Platform, Local Execution: Our local teams draw upon the expansive resources of one of the largest global real estate investment firms, and execute value enhancing strategies across property sectors, investment styles and ownership structures.
- Trusted Partner: Our business model creates a fiduciary culture, stability, transparency and alignment of interests with our clients.
- Depth of Team: Our experienced teams collaborate throughout the investment process, bringing together senior Investment Committee leadership with a “boots on the ground” approach that provides real time feedback and early identification of trends.
- Sustainable Approach: We take ESG into consideration at each stage of the investment and management process, and continue to achieve measurable results that demonstrate our ongoing ESG commitment.
- Long-Term Commitment: Our strong parent company backing encourages a long-term focus, and their investment alongside our clients creates an alignment of interests.
Four Themes for Insurance Asset Management in 2021
Insurers have fared relatively well through the pandemic, but there is likely a long and uneven road to recovery ahead. With this in mind, there are four key themes worth considering for insurance company investors in the months to come.View
2021 Outlook: The Uneven Recovery
The recovery in many ways looks real and durable—but it also looks uneven and, in some cases, quite unpredictable. In this discussion, investment professionals from the public and private markets discuss where they expect to see risks and opportunities in the year ahead.View
Highlights from the Barings 360 Private Markets Conference
Watch Barings CEO, Tom Finke, and other senior leaders discuss their key takeaways from the firm's signature private assets event.View
Navigating European Real Estate Markets
In this Q&A, Paul Stewart, Head of European Real Estate Research & Strategy, discusses how investors in the asset class can allocate capital in an uncertain interest rate environment, while facing potential headwinds such as Brexit and the threat of trade wars.View
Case Study: Madison Centre – From Idea to Reality
This cutting-edge office tower in Seattle’s central business district exemplifies how global research, coupled with local insights, can help uncover attractive opportunities.View
Seeking Opportunities Across Global Real Estate Markets
At Barings, we leverage our deep teams, global presence and expertise across the four quadrants of real estate as we seek to help our clients turn opportunities into real solutions.View
Cyclical Evolution and Structural Revolution
In this piece from Preqin, Barings’ heads of U.S. and European real estate research explore the ways in which structural shifts within cities and industries are presenting an evolving set of opportunities and risks for investors.View
News & Events
Barings Finances Harborwalk at Plymouth Station Phase II
Barings to Finance Multifamily Affordable Housing Project in Houston’s Revitalization District
Barings Acquires Historic Paris Building for Build-to-Core Strategy
Barings Secures £250 Million Mandate to Invest in UK Real Estate Debt From Phoenix Group
Barings Acquires Skye Suwanee Town Center