Real Estate Debt
We offer a broad range of private debt financing solutions, including commercial mortgage loans on stabilized properties, structured lending, bridge and construction lending, mezzanine loans, preferred equity investments, and affordable housing loans.
Real Estate Debt
AUM: $29.2 billion (30 September 2021)
Our team invests in loans secured by institutional-quality commercial real estate in strategic locations in North America and Europe using our broad direct origination capabilities and deep credit expertise.
Our Competitive Advantage
- Global Platform, Local Execution: Our local teams draw upon the expansive resources of one of the largest global real estate investment firms, and execute value-enhancing strategies across property sectors, investment styles and ownership structures.
- Trusted Partner: Our business model creates a fiduciary culture, stability, transparency and alignment of interests with our clients.
- Depth of Team: Our experienced teams collaborate throughout the investment process, bringing together senior Investment Committee leadership with a “boots on the ground” approach that provides real time feedback and early identification of trends.
- Sustainable Approach: We take ESG into consideration at each stage of the investment and management process, and continue to achieve measurable results that demonstrate our ongoing ESG commitment.
- Long-Term Commitment: Our strong parent company backing encourages a long-term focus, and their investment alongside our clients creates an alignment of interests.
Public & Private Credit Market Roundtable
In this roundtable discussion, our credit market experts across public and private markets offer their views on everything from inflation and the direction of interest rates, to where they’re seeing pockets of value.View
Keeping Real Estate Portfolios Above Water Amid Rising Sea Levels
As investors increasingly turn their attention to climate risks, concerns about global sea level rise are more frequently influencing investment decisions in real estate markets. The Barings Real Estate team discusses how to measure, analyze and mitigate such risks.View
The Future of Office: From Uncertainty to Opportunity
There are three key drivers that will shape office demand in the recovery ahead—and ultimately determine which assets and markets will be the winners and which will be the losers.View
The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same
Core CMLs can offer a number of benefits to insurance investors—from a material spread premium over similarly rated corporates, to low historical defaults and delinquency rates, to diversification.View
The Structural and Cyclical Case for U.S. Real Estate Debt
While the ongoing disruption from the pandemic will put downward pressure on market fundamentals until the virus is no longer a threat, opportunities will likely emerge across the risk-return spectrum in advance of a recovery in demand and property income.View
Real Estate Debt: Europe’s Developing Opportunity
Barings Real Estate’s Sam Mellor describes the trends underpinning the structural growth of real estate debt in Europe, and compares and contrasts the asset class with other public and private fixed income alternatives.View
News & Events
Barings Provides Financing for Recapitalization of 200 Inner Belt
Barings Provides Acquisition Financing on Phoenix Hotel
Barings Acquires Medienzentrum Office in Düsseldorf, Germany
Barings Strengthens European Residential Investment and Asset Management Capabilities With New Senior Hire
Barings and Hines Acquire Reed District Site in Nashville