Global Private Finance
Our team of over 60 dedicated investment professionals located in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific is focused on providing investors access to unique opportunities up and down the debt capital structure.
We believe a solutions-focused culture and partnership approach, as well as an ability to source diverse investment opportunities through global networks and maximize value through an entire investment life cycle, are the keys to generating attractive risk-adjusted returns in this asset class.
Our Value Add
- Direct Origination: We source investment opportunities across a spectrum of risk/return profiles and directly originate and underwrite every deal we invest in-giving us the ability to create highly customized portfolios
- Scale and Expertise: Our large, global team has 20+ years of experience as a leader in the market, and is supported by Barings’ global enterprise and corporate infrastructure
- Alignment of Interest: We typically invest our own capital alongside our clients
- Local Teams, Global Perspective: Our global deal flow is sourced through local relationships, allowing us to access opportunities with attractive risk-adjusted returns and relative value
- Partnership-based Approach: Our long-term relationships include limited partner (LP) commitments to buyout funds and recurring deals with sources
European Private Credit: From Competition to Consolidation
The combination of a tough macro environment and growing investor demand is creating a compelling opportunity in European private credit—but partnering with the right manager is crucial.
Private Debt: Past, Present & Future
In the first episode of our new Investing Together series, Mercer's Global Head of Private Debt, David Scopelliti joins Barings' David Mihalick to discuss the evolution of private credit, including how this market developed, what conditions are like today, and where we go next.