- AUM $23.5 billion
(March 31, 2021)
- Inception Date 18591
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Fund
- Tax Credit Funds
Barings’ full spectrum of real estate lending capabilities enhances our market presence and generates opportunities across various sectors, styles and the capital structure. This approach gives us the unique ability to assess relative value globally across the real estate spectrum.
Our Value Add
- Information Advantage: Our network of 24 regional offices in local markets where we transact provides real time feedback and trend monitoring. Additionally, our real estate equity platform provides data-driven insights into pricing and trend visibility.
- Global Sourcing: Our dedicated origination professionals are positioned in local markets across the globe. Our 2,400+ sourcing relationships create significant deal flow to select opportunities for our investors that we believe are most attractive.
- Disciplined Credit: Our repeatable investment process with local screening is coupled with centralized oversight and a cross-functional Investment Committee averaging 25 years of experience.
- Stability: We have the significant support from our parent, MassMutual, which invests capital alongside our clients. We are experienced across multiple credit cycles, with a verifiable track record since 1966.
We offer a broad spectrum of debt financing solutions, including commercial mortgage loans, construction/permanent loans, residential loan pools and affordable housing tax credits.
Commercial Mortgage Loans
Barings has experience financing commercial mortgage loans on high-quality properties in top 50 market locations globally. We rely on the expertise of our local teams to provide a broad range of financing solutions for all major property types including office, multifamily, retail, industrial, hotel, senior housing and parking. We aim to serve the financing needs of our borrowers by offering fixed and floating-rate debt for transactions starting at $25 million, with an emphasis on:
- Experienced and well-regarded sponsors: Strategic relationships with experienced local, regional and national sponsors/developers with solid track records
- High-quality projects: Strong assets in good markets with identifiable patterns of revenue growth, sound business plans and viable exit strategies
- Strong alignment of interests: Opportunities with appropriate sponsor alignment of interests and equity investment
As a real estate industry leader, we have provided debt financing and equity capital to the affordable housing marketplace since 1995, with transactions now in excess of $3 billion.1 We offer a broad range of capabilities in mortgage financing, equity investing, fund management, securitization and asset management.
1 Lending and debt servicing activities prior to 2010, while conducted by Core Mortgage, occurred at an affiliated firm.
The Structural and Cyclical Case for U.S. Real Estate Debt
While the ongoing disruption from the pandemic will put downward pressure on market fundamentals until the virus is no longer a threat, opportunities will likely emerge across the risk-return spectrum in advance of a recovery in demand and property income.View
Real Estate Debt: Europe’s Developing Opportunity
Barings Real Estate’s Sam Mellor describes the trends underpinning the structural growth of real estate debt in Europe, and compares and contrasts the asset class with other public and private fixed income alternatives.View
Seeking Opportunities Across Global Real Estate Markets
At Barings, we leverage our deep teams, global presence and expertise across the four quadrants of real estate as we seek to help our clients turn opportunities into real solutions.View
News & Events
Barings Finances Harborwalk at Plymouth Station Phase II
Barings to Finance Multifamily Affordable Housing Project in Houston’s Revitalization District
Barings Secures £250 Million Mandate to Invest in UK Real Estate Debt From Phoenix Group
Barings makes first investment in Sweden residential market with €128 million acquisition
Ireland Strategic Investment Fund invests in Genesis Aircraft Services Limited