Global Private Finance
- AUM $10.8 billion
(December 31, 2018)
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Funds
We believe a solutions focused culture, a partnership approach, an ability to source diverse investment opportunities through global networks, and the capability to maximize value through an entire investment life-cycle are the keys to generating attractive risk-adjusted returns in this asset class.
- EBITDA $/€5-75 million (and larger in Asia Pacific)
- Enterprise values of $/€25-500 million
- Private companies in a broad range of industries
Direct Lending Solutions
- Senior secured loans
- Second lien
- Mezzanine debt
- Equity co-investments
Our Value Add
- Direct Origination: We source global investment opportunities across a spectrum of risk/return profiles. We directly originate and underwrite every deal we invest in and have the ability to create highly customized portfolios to meet various investor needs.
- Scale and Expertise: Large, global team and 20+ years of experience as a consistent leader in the market all supported by Barings’ global enterprise and corporate infrastructure.
- Alignment of Interest: We typically invest our own capital alongside our clients.
- Local Teams with Global Perspective: Global deal flow sourced through local relationships allows us to access opportunities with attractive risk-adjusted return and relative value
- Partnership-based Investment Approach: Long relationships include L.P. commitments to buyout funds and recurring deals with sources.
- Proven track record across regions, asset classes and credit cycles.
Where We Invest
- North America
- Developed Asia
- Australia / New Zealand
Podcast: Assessing Today’s Private Credit Landscape
Private credit markets have seen an exponential increase in investor demand over the last 10 years. But with competition fierce and the cycle maturing, what factors should investors be considering moving forward? Barings’ Eric Lloyd weighs in on where he and his team see the best relative value today.View
Seeking Value in Today’s Private Credit Market
In this Q&A, Barings’ Eric Lloyd discusses his team’s approach to navigating the risks and capitalizing on the opportunities across the global private credit markets.View
5 Things to Consider When Investing in Private Credit
In this piece from Benefits and Pensions Monitor, Barings’ Ian Fowler discusses five key considerations for investors interested in allocating to private credit.View
Maintaining Discipline in a Maturing Credit Cycle
In this piece from Private Debt Investor, Barings’ Eric Lloyd stresses the importance of a global and diversified approach to investing in private credit.View
Taking A Disciplined Approach To An Evolving European Private Credit Market
At a time when the trends and dynamics underlying the European private credit market have evolved considerably, Adam Wheeler, Barings’ Head of Europe and Asia Pacific Private Finance, explains why a disciplined approach to investing in the space is beneficial for investors.View
News & Events
Barings Supports ECI Partners in its Acquisition of Moneypenny
Barings Backs Abry Partners’ Take-Private of LINK Mobility Group
Barings Supports Goldner Hawn in Recapitalization of Trystar, LLC
Barings Supports Quadriga Capital in Recapitalization of Ipsen
Barings Backs J.F. Lehman in Refinancing Trident Maritime Systems