Global Investment Grade Strategy
- AUM $25 million
(December 31, 2018)
- Inception Date 2018
- Benchmark 3-Month LIBOR +250 bps
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
We believe that risk-adjusted returns should be consistent over time and not cycle-dependent. We further believe that such returns can be achieved by constructing portfolios using a disciplined investment process centered on risk management.
Our team’s investment approach is guided by the following key portfolio tenets:
- A commitment to adding alpha via Barings’ fundamental, bottom-up credit research capabilities
- A team-based approach utilizing a multi-dimensional, repeatable portfolio construction and risk management framework
Our Value Add
- We have a highly experienced, collaborative investment culture utilizing a team-based approach led by a senior portfolio management team.
- Our actively managed, investment grade multi-asset strategy invests primarily in a diversified portfolio of global investment grade fixed income assets, including: global corporate credit, securitized products, structured credit CLOs and emerging markets debt, with opportunistic allocations to high yield debt.
- Barings’ global footprint provides an advantage as we seek the best relative value opportunities across geographies, with investment professionals located in the U.S., Europe, the U.K. and Asia.
- Integrated risk management is an important component of our value add. Since 2001, we have followed a risk management process that utilizes both qualitative and quantitative measurements to construct and review portfolios from a risk and volatility perspective.
The Changing Face of Investment Grade Credit
In a recent interview, David Nagle, head of Barings’ multi strategy fixed income group, discussed the state of the investment grade credit market, including how the market has evolved through the years.View
Podcast: Investment Grade Credit—Rates, BBBs and ABS
From inverted yield curves to potential BBB downgrade risk, Barings’ David Nagle discusses some of the key challenges facing investors in the IG markets today.View