- AUM $65 million
(December 31, 2018)
- Inception Date 1986
- Vehicles Available
- Commingled Fund
- Separate Account
- We are active managers who aim to capitalize on opportunities that arise when securities are mispriced.
- We identify investment opportunities through a differentiated and innovative investment process where fundamental, bottom-up analysis is key.
- We favor unrecognized growth companies with well-established or improving business franchises, balance sheets and management.
- Our proprietary research process integrates macro and dynamic Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) perspectives in company analysis and valuations.
- Our five-year research horizon allows our deep pool of investment professionals to take a strategic view on a company’s growth outlook.
- Our experienced team of portfolio managers builds high conviction portfolios, tailored to client specifications targeting superior risk-adjusted returns over the long term where stock selection is the main driver of returns.
Our Value Add
- A focused portfolio of leading global companies with a sustainable competitive advantage and long-term growth prospects
- A long-term investment approach emphasizing returns and growth with a focus on absolute performance rather than benchmarks
- Targeting compelling capital growth in a low-growth world
- Investment process tailored for asset class by experienced team
- ESG and macro considerations incorporated into fundamental company analysis
Surveying the Equity Market Landscape
In this Conversation, Barings’ Global Head of Equities, Ghadir Cooper, discusses the recent equity market volatility and the continued attraction of emerging markets, and also sheds light on how the Barings team is thinking about potentially market-moving developments like the emergence of cryptocurrencies and the recent change in Fed leadership.View