Corporate Private Placements
- AUM $29.9 billion
(30 September 2021)
- Inception Date 2004
- Benchmark Barclays U.S. Corporate
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
We believe a credit-intensive culture, access to a broad array of deal sources and continuous risk monitoring are critical to generating attractive risk-adjusted returns.
We have a long term track record of minimal losses and strong longstanding relationships with agents, bankers, consultants, sponsors and issuers. We are active in originating and structuring direct and club deals and also participate in widely marketed transactions. Our alpha is created through our selective direct origination approach, which generates transactions that many of our competitors do not see. In addition, alpha is also created through our ability to underwrite highly-complex structured deals.
Our Value Add
- Dedicated Investment Team: highly experienced and dedicated investment team, averaging more than 20 years of experience, leverages strong long-term relationships to provide access to a highly competitive market
- Disciplined Credit Underwriting: our credit-intensive culture emphasizes capital preservation, limiting downside risk and focuses on incremental spread and meaningful covenants
- Proven Track Record: favorable long-term performance
- Clear strategy and demonstrated track record: A clear strategic approach to lending to corporate private assets is required to deliver the appropriate risk-adjusted returns that clients seek in the asset class, without taking undue risk. Barings has invested in private placements as a core fixed income product for over 30 years and has a quantifiable track record of capital preservation and excess relative value.
- Proven nimble deployment of capital with a disciplined approach to value creation: Barings sees virtually the whole market because we offer issuers a variety of debt solutions (fixed, floating, various currencies and tenors, complex structured transactions) which benefits all Barings’ clients. The ability to deploy capital across different geographies and asset types ensures a disciplined approach to delivery of relative value when excess liquidity in a sector can cause mispricing of risk.
Public & Private Credit Market Roundtable
In this roundtable discussion, our credit market experts across public and private markets offer their views on everything from inflation and the direction of interest rates, to where they’re seeing pockets of value.View
Investor Series: Private Assets for Insurers
Insurance investors face unique challenges in any environment but especially against today’s backdrop of continued low rates and a global economic slowdown. Barings’ Ann Bryant and Eric Lloyd discuss strategies for incorporating private assets as part of the solution.View