Private Real Estate Equity
- AUM $14.9 billion
(30 September 2019)
- Inception Date 1994
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Fund
Our investment philosophy emphasizes strong governance, oversight and transparency. We seek to invest our clients’ capital prudently in private real estate equity, using state-of-the-art research, along with cycle-tested investment and portfolio management experience, to guide our decisions. We seek to add value by actively managing portfolios through an integrated team of acquisition, asset management and finance specialists. We also employ a prudent, pragmatic risk management process.
Our Value Add
- Deep experience: We have nearly 25 years of experience investing in private real estate equity across all major property types and over multiple market cycles.
- Proprietary research: Our research-driven investment process combines fundamental analysis and local market insights from our regional offices with views from our multidisciplinary research and strategy team.
- Integrated business platform: Our in-house equity investment team leverages the firm’s global expertise across private/public debt and equity markets.
- Information advantage: Our regional offices are located in key markets, giving us local knowledge that translates to an information advantage in deal sourcing, underwriting, asset management and dispositions.
- Development expertise: Our extensive experience as a direct developer and through joint ventures gives us access to unique investment opportunities.
Our private real estate equity capabilities include core, core-plus, value-add and opportunistic strategies designed to meet diverse investment needs. We offer investment solutions through a combination of commingled funds, separate accounts, club and co-investment opportunities, as well as diversified exposure to target markets and country- or sector-specific strategies.
Seeking Opportunities Across Global Real Estate Markets
At Barings, we leverage our deep teams, global presence and expertise across the four quadrants of real estate as we seek to help our clients turn opportunities into real solutions.View
Cyclical Evolution and Structural Revolution
In this piece from Preqin, Barings’ heads of U.S. and European real estate research explore the ways in which structural shifts within cities and industries are presenting an evolving set of opportunities and risks for investors.View