Global Private Finance
- AUM $13.8 billion
(31 March 2020)
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Funds
We believe a solutions focused culture, a partnership approach, an ability to source diverse investment opportunities through global networks, and the capability to maximize value through an entire investment life-cycle are the keys to generating attractive risk-adjusted returns in this asset class.
- EBITDA $/€5-75 million (and larger in Asia Pacific)
- Enterprise values of $/€25-500 million
- Private companies in a broad range of industries
Direct Lending Solutions
- Senior secured loans
- Second lien
- Mezzanine debt
- Equity co-investments
Our Value Add
- Direct Origination: We source global investment opportunities across a spectrum of risk/return profiles. We directly originate and underwrite every deal we invest in and have the ability to create highly customized portfolios to meet various investor needs.
- Scale and Expertise: Large, global team and 20+ years of experience as a consistent leader in the market all supported by Barings’ global enterprise and corporate infrastructure.
- Alignment of Interest: We typically invest our own capital alongside our clients.
- Local Teams with Global Perspective: Global deal flow sourced through local relationships allows us to access opportunities with attractive risk-adjusted return and relative value
- Partnership-based Investment Approach: Long relationships include L.P. commitments to buyout funds and recurring deals with sources.
- Proven track record across regions, asset classes and credit cycles.
Where We Invest
- North America
- Developed Asia
- Australia / New Zealand
Seeking Value in Today’s Private Credit Market
In this Q&A, Barings’ Eric Lloyd discusses his team’s approach to navigating the risks and capitalizing on the opportunities across the global private credit markets.View
5 Things to Consider When Investing in Private Credit
In this piece from Benefits and Pensions Monitor, Barings’ Ian Fowler discusses five key considerations for investors interested in allocating to private credit.View
Maintaining Discipline in a Maturing Credit Cycle
With competition high and signs of mispricing of some assets, Eric Lloyd of Barings stresses the importance of a global and diversified approach to portfolio construction.View
Seeking Relative Value in Global Private Debt
As institutional investors continue to turn toward private debt for potentially attractive risk adjusted returns in a low-yielding environment, they may benefit from taking a global approach to the asset class.View
FundFire: Direct Lending’s Growth Shifts Focus to Global Players
Terry Harris, Head of Portfolio Management in Barings’ Global Private Finance Group spoke with FUNDfire about the trend toward global strategies in direct lending.View
News & Events
Barings Backs Greenbriar Equity Group and First Aviation Services in Acquisition of DART Aerospace
Barings Supports Abry Partners in their Recapitalization of Anju Software
Barings Supports Greenbriar Equity Group, L.P. in Acquisition of BDP International
Barings and Alcentra Provide Financing for Francisco Partners’ Recapitalization of Sandvine
Barings Supports ECI Partners in its Acquisition of Moneypenny