Hong Kong China
- AUM $2.7 billion
(31 March 2019)
- Inception Date 1982
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- We are active managers who aim to capitalize on opportunities that arise when securities are mispriced.
- We identify investment opportunities through a differentiated and innovative investment process where fundamental, bottom-up analysis is key.
- We favor unrecognized growth companies with well-established or improving business franchises, balance sheets and management.
- Our proprietary research process integrates macro and dynamic Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) perspectives in company analysis and valuations.
- Our five-year research horizon allows our deep pool of investment professionals to take a strategic view on a company’s growth outlook.
- Our experienced team of portfolio managers builds high conviction portfolios, tailored to client specifications targeting superior risk-adjusted returns over the long term where stock selection is the main driver of returns.
Our Value Add
- Large-scale, all-cap Hong Kong China strategy with long track record beginning in 1982
- Flexible investment universe and ability to capture China growth story through a holistic approach by investing in domestic Hong Kong listed, onshore Chinese (A-shares), Taiwanese and multi-national companies with significant exposure to China
- Investment process tailored for asset class by experienced team
Why Russia May be Set for an Explosion in E-commerce Growth
Historically a laggard in the e-commerce world, Russia is showing signs of life. But challenges remain.View
How to Approach a More Accessible Chinese Equity Market
Barings’ William Fong and Andrew Lee explore the different ways to access China’s onshore and offshore equity markets following the decision by MSCI to increase the weighting of China A-shares in their benchmarks.View