- AUM $26.1 billion
(30 September 2019)
- Inception Date 18591
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Fund
- Tax Credit Funds
At Barings, we rely on state-of-the-art research, investment and portfolio management experience to guide our investment decisions. Our experience as both a borrower and lender ensures a thorough understanding of the markets in which we invest, and provides for a pragmatic and commercial approach to debt transactions. We seek to add value by actively managing our portfolios through an integrated team of origination, servicing, portfolio management and finance specialists.
Our Value Add
- Experienced Team: Our seasoned team has been investing in private debt since 1986.
- Dedicated Platform: Our dedicated in-house debt platform boasts extensive resources across a wide range of origination and management disciplines, and leverages the resources of a global real estate platform.
- Sourcing Advantage: Our longstanding relationships with market participants, combined with the deal flow generated by our local teams, allows us to offer a broad range of investment opportunities.
We offer a broad spectrum of debt financing solutions, including commercial mortgage loans, construction/permanent loans, residential loan pools and affordable housing tax credits.
Commercial Mortgage Loans
Barings has experience financing commercial mortgage loans on high-quality properties in top 50 market locations globally. We rely on the expertise of our local teams to provide a broad range of financing solutions for all major property types including office, multifamily, retail, industrial, hotel, senior housing and parking. We aim to serve the financing needs of our borrowers by offering fixed and floating-rate debt for transactions starting at $25 million, with an emphasis on:
- Experienced and well-regarded sponsors: Strategic relationships with experienced local, regional and national sponsors/developers with solid track records
- High-quality projects: Strong assets in good markets with identifiable patterns of revenue growth, sound business plans and viable exit strategies
- Strong alignment of interests: Opportunities with appropriate sponsor alignment of interests and equity investment
As a real estate industry leader, we have provided debt financing and equity capital to the affordable housing marketplace since 1995, with transactions now in excess of $3 billion.1 We offer a broad range of capabilities in mortgage financing, equity investing, fund management, securitization and asset management.
1 Lending and debt servicing activities prior to 2010, while conducted by Core Mortgage, occurred at an affiliated firm.
Seeking Opportunities Across Global Real Estate Markets
At Barings, we leverage our deep teams, global presence and expertise across the four quadrants of real estate as we seek to help our clients turn opportunities into real solutions.View
News & Events
Barings Becomes Sole Owner of Avalon Business Park
Barings Adds to Real Estate Leadership Team in Asia-Pacific Region
Barings acquires Core Office property in Central Stockholm
Barings acquires prime logistics development in Nanteuil le Haudouin, France
Barings’ Landmark Manchester receives Top wired certification in recognition of digital connectivity