Global Private Finance
- AUM $11.7 billion
(30 June 2019)
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Funds
We believe a solutions focused culture, a partnership approach, an ability to source diverse investment opportunities through global networks, and the capability to maximize value through an entire investment life-cycle are the keys to generating attractive risk-adjusted returns in this asset class.
- EBITDA $/€5-75 million (and larger in Asia Pacific)
- Enterprise values of $/€25-500 million
- Private companies in a broad range of industries
Direct Lending Solutions
- Senior secured loans
- Second lien
- Mezzanine debt
- Equity co-investments
Our Value Add
- Direct Origination: We source global investment opportunities across a spectrum of risk/return profiles. We directly originate and underwrite every deal we invest in and have the ability to create highly customized portfolios to meet various investor needs.
- Scale and Expertise: Large, global team and 20+ years of experience as a consistent leader in the market all supported by Barings’ global enterprise and corporate infrastructure.
- Alignment of Interest: We typically invest our own capital alongside our clients.
- Local Teams with Global Perspective: Global deal flow sourced through local relationships allows us to access opportunities with attractive risk-adjusted return and relative value
- Partnership-based Investment Approach: Long relationships include L.P. commitments to buyout funds and recurring deals with sources.
- Proven track record across regions, asset classes and credit cycles.
Where We Invest
- North America
- Developed Asia
- Australia / New Zealand
A CIO's Perspective
Barings' Jonathan Bock caught up with industry veteran, William Spitz, on trends in today's private markets.View
Private Credit: How Supply/Demand Dynamics are Shaping the Landscape
Ian Fowler, Co-Head of the North American Private Finance Group, discusses the dynamics of each middle market segment—including upper-end style shift resulting from competitive pressures—and explains why the traditional middle is the sweet spot.View
Is There Style Drift in Middle Market Lending?
Barings’ Ian Fowler weighs in on the supply/demand dynamics in the direct lending space and explains why looking at the middle market as one cohesive universe can be misleading.View
Assessing Today’s Private Credit Landscape
Private credit markets have seen an increase in investor demand over the last decade. But with competition fierce and the cycle maturing, what factors should investors consider moving forward? Barings’ Eric Lloyd identifies where he and his team see the best relative value today.View
Seeking Value in Today’s Private Credit Market
In this Q&A, Barings’ Eric Lloyd discusses his team’s approach to navigating the risks and capitalizing on the opportunities across the global private credit markets.View
News & Events
Barings Supports Greenbriar Equity Group, L.P. in Acquisition of BDP International
Barings and Alcentra Provide Financing for Francisco Partners’ Recapitalization of Sandvine
Barings Supports ECI Partners in its Acquisition of Moneypenny
Barings Backs Abry Partners’ Take-Private of LINK Mobility Group
Barings Supports Goldner Hawn in Recapitalization of Trystar, LLC