We invest in and finance core, core-plus, value-add and to-be-developed multifamily investments in the U.S., as well as provide financing for multifamily properties in Canada and the U.K.
Our U.S. equity investment strategy focuses primarily on well-located Class A and B multifamily properties in major markets. We acquire and manage existing apartments and have a significant commitment to multifamily development and redevelopment.
We also invest in a range of financing alternatives, including mezzanine and preferred equity structures that facilitate multifamily development in the U.S., as well as in mortgage financing programs for borrowers in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. seeking flexible or long-term debt solutions.
Globally, we also invest in the multifamily sector through securitized, public market real estate.
North America Multifamily Investment Criteria
- Core, core-plus, value-add and opportunistic/development
- Class A and Class B apartments
- Major metropolitan areas in the U.S. and Canada
- Joint venture development, when appropriate
- Equity investments: $30 million and over
- Debt financing: $10 million and over, including first mortgage, preferred equity, mezzanine, construction mezzanine, bridge and structured debt solutions
Barings Multifamily Capital Investment Criteria
Through Barings Multifamily Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barings, we offer construction and permanent financing for multifamily properties nationwide.
- Conventional market rate
- Fixed and floating rate
The above is being shown for illustrative purposes only and is subject to change.