Global Private Finance
- AUM $32.5 billion
(September 30, 2021)
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Funds
We believe a solutions focused culture, a partnership approach, an ability to source diverse investment opportunities through global networks, and the capability to maximize value through an entire investment life-cycle are the keys to generating attractive risk-adjusted returns in this asset class.
- EBITDA $/€5-75 million (and larger in Asia Pacific)
- Enterprise values of $/€25-500 million
- Private companies in a broad range of industries
Direct Lending Solutions
- Senior secured loans
- Second lien
- Mezzanine debt
- Equity co-investments
Our Value Add
- Direct Origination: We source global investment opportunities across a spectrum of risk/return profiles. We directly originate and underwrite every deal we invest in and have the ability to create highly customized portfolios to meet various investor needs.
- Scale and Expertise: Large, global team and 20+ years of experience as a consistent leader in the market all supported by Barings’ global enterprise and corporate infrastructure.
- Alignment of Interest: We typically invest our own capital alongside our clients.
- Local Teams with Global Perspective: Global deal flow sourced through local relationships allows us to access opportunities with attractive risk-adjusted return and relative value
- Partnership-based Investment Approach: Long relationships include L.P. commitments to buyout funds and recurring deals with sources.
- Proven track record across regions, asset classes and credit cycles.
Where We Invest
- North America
- Developed Asia
- Australia / New Zealand
Public & Private Credit Market Roundtable
In this roundtable discussion, our credit market experts across public and private markets offer their views on everything from inflation and the direction of interest rates, to where they’re seeing pockets of value.View
2022 Public & Private Credit Market Outlook
Barings' credit market experts weigh in on the future prospects for asset classes ranging from high yield and emerging markets debt to CLOs and private credit. From interest rates and inflation, to supply chains and COVID, the group discusses the risks and opportunities ahead.View
The Next Generation of Business Development Companies
Jon Bock, CFO of Barings BDC, describes the transformational development of BDCs as an asset class, explains the trends driving M&A in the space and sheds light on why the asset class continues to garner increased attention from investors.View
Three Trends Driving Today’s European Private Credit Market
Incumbency, a laser focus on risk mitigation, and a unique approach to ESG are critical in this “winner-takes-all” environment.View
European Private Credit: Winner Takes All?
Mark Wilton, a portfolio manager in Barings’ Global Private Finance Group, describes the competitive backdrop in European private credit, including what's driving manager outperformance and access to deal flow, as well the ever-increasing focus on ESG.View
News & Events
Barings Provides Financing for Forterro’s Acquisition of abas Software AG
Barings Announces Final Close of European Private Loan Fund II at €1.5bn
Barings and Ardian Private Debt Back Macquarie’s Buyout of Premier Technical Services Group
Barings Supports Telemos Capital’s Growth of Sanoptis
Barings Supports Insight Partners in their Recapitalization of CM Group