Global Emerging Markets
- AUM $703 million
(March 31, 2019)
- Inception Date 1992
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- We are active managers who aim to capitalize on opportunities that arise when securities are mispriced.
- We identify investment opportunities through a differentiated and innovative investment process where fundamental, bottom-up analysis is key.
- We favor unrecognized growth companies with well-established or improving business franchises, balance sheets and management.
- Our proprietary research process integrates macro and dynamic Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) perspectives in company analysis and valuations.
- Our five-year research horizon allows our deep pool of investment professionals to take a strategic view on a company’s growth outlook.
- Our experienced team of portfolio managers builds high conviction portfolios, tailored to client specifications targeting superior risk-adjusted returns over the long term where stock selection is the main driver of returns.
Our Value Add
- Highly experienced portfolio management team supported by 32 dedicated EM investment professionals
- Strategy aims to offer superior growth at a cheaper valuation compared to developed markets
- Capitalizing on trend toward shareholder-friendly practices by emerging markets companies - e.g. higher dividends, share buybacks - should enhance future returns
- Active investors in an overlooked asset class at a time when earnings cycle is turning upwards
Global Emerging Markets Equities: Where Do We Stand?
In this Q&A, William Palmer and Michael Levy, Co-Heads for Emerging and Frontier Equities, discuss their approach to accessing the asset class, current trends, and why recent headwinds may be becoming tailwinds.View
Why Russia May be Set for an Explosion in E-commerce Growth
Historically a laggard in the e-commerce world, Russia is showing signs of life. But challenges remain.View
How to Approach a More Accessible Chinese Equity Market
Barings’ William Fong and Andrew Lee explore the different ways to access China’s onshore and offshore equity markets following the decision by MSCI to increase the weighting of China A-shares in their benchmarks.View