- We are active managers who aim to capitalize on opportunities that arise when securities are mispriced.
- We identify investment opportunities through a differentiated and innovative investment process where fundamental, bottom-up analysis is key.
- We favor unrecognized growth companies with well-established or improving business franchises, balance sheets and management.
- Our proprietary research process integrates macro and dynamic Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) perspectives in company analysis and valuations.
- Our five-year research horizon allows our deep pool of investment professionals to take a strategic view on a company’s growth outlook.
- Our experienced team of portfolio managers builds high conviction portfolios, tailored to client specifications targeting superior risk-adjusted returns over the long term where stock selection is the main driver of returns.
Our Value Add
- An experienced, stable team comprising three investment professionals with an average of 14 years of investment experience and 6 years at Barings
- A disciplined investment process with an emphasis on quality criteria, value creation and five-year time horizon
- Continued high level of interaction with Japanese companies
- Extensive experience investing in Japanese equities
- ESG and macro considerations incorporated into fundamental company analysis