- AUM $73 million
(30 September 2020)
- Inception Date 1986
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
Our Value Add
- Our Depth of Resources: We have a diversified global team of 50+ investment professionals, producing proprietary and differentiated company research, which drives our stock selection.
- Our Focus on a Five-Year Research Horizon: Our research horizon is five years. We believe the market inefficiency is more pronounced over this time horizon, allowing us to readily identify companies with unrecognized growth potential.
- Barings Cost of Equity: We capture and quantify both systematic and idiosyncratic risk via Barings’ proprietary Cost of Equity (COE). We incorporate these economic- and stock-specific potential risks into our valuation of equities and setting of price targets.
- Unique and Quantifiable Integration of ESG: We strongly believe that ESG analysis helps to identify risks that are not typically captured through traditional financial analysis. As a result, we have fully embedded ESG into our investment process, and by doing so, ESG has an influence on both our qualitative assessment and final Barings Cost of Equity of a company.
- Our Proprietary Portfolio Construction Tools: We believe the key to delivering high risk-adjusted returns is through company stock selection and robust risk management. We achieve this through the use of our proprietary, in-house portfolio construction tools.
Our Value Add
- A focused portfolio of leading global companies with a sustainable competitive advantage and long-term growth prospects
- A long-term investment approach emphasizing returns and growth with a focus on absolute performance rather than benchmarks
- Targeting compelling capital growth in a low-growth world
- Investment process tailored for asset class by experienced team
- ESG and macro considerations incorporated into fundamental company analysis
Comeback Time for International Equities?
Because the U.S. equity market is broad and deep, there will almost always be opportunities—but in aggregate, we think international equity markets may be more compelling over the next year.View
Investing in China: Tapping into Long-Term Opportunities
Ghadir Cooper, Global Head of Equities, recently joined a round table with Pensions & Investments to discuss the opportunity set in China. Despite slowed growth and trade concerns, she believes there are several reasons why investors should remain optimistic.View
Enterprise Software: Valuation Matters
While industry dynamics remain healthy and growth prospects exist, current enterprise software valuations look stretched.View