Real Estate Equity
- AUM $16.2 billion
(30 September 2021)
- Inception Date 1994
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Funds
- Joint Ventures
- Club Deals
Barings’ investment philosophy emphasizes strong governance and transparency as we aim to uncover relative value through proprietary research and local market presence. Our approach allows us to secure opportunities that are designed to generate superior risk-adjusted returns appropriate to our clients’ needs . We seek to strategically invest capital in private real estate equity, relying on cycle-tested investment and portfolio management experience to guide our decisions. We add value by actively managing portfolios through an integrated team of portfolio management, research, asset management, and acquisition specialists, with Investment Committee oversight. We also employ a prudent, pragmatic risk management process.
Our Competitve Advantage
- Deep Experience: We have over 25 years of experience investing in private real estate equity across all major property types—including multi-family, industrial/logistics, office, retail, hotel, and niche asset classes—and over multiple market cycles.
- Sustainable Approach: Barings takes ESG into consideration at each stage of investment, and focuses on the long-term impact of every decision that we make, creating investments that are sustainable over time.
- Proprietary Research: Our research-driven investment process combines fundamental analysis and local market insights from our regional offices with views from our multidisciplinary research and strategy teams.
- Integrated Business Platform: Our in-house equity investment team leverages the firm’s global expertise across private/public debt and equity markets. ·
- Information Advantage: Our regional offices are located in key markets, giving us local knowledge that translates to an information advantage in deal sourcing, underwriting, asset management and dispositions.
- Development Expertise: Our extensive experience in development gives us access to unique investment opportunities, and informs investment decisions for all of our assets.
Our private real estate equity capabilities include core, core-plus, value-add and opportunistic strategies designed to meet diverse investment needs. We offer investment solutions through a combination of commingled funds, separate accounts, club and co-investment opportunities, as well as diversified exposure to target markets and country- or sector-specific strategies.
European Real Estate: Finding & Creating Value Today
Portfolio manager, Rory Allan, joins Streaming Income to discuss the health of European real estate markets today, where the team is currently seeing—and creating—the most value, and how ESG considerations are continuing to change the investment landscape.View
European Real Estate Equity: Uncovering Value City by City
Charles Weeks, Head of Real Estate Equity for Europe and Asia Pacific, discusses the backdrop for European real estate markets, where the team is seeing the most value by sector and geography, and why they always take an active approach across strategies and investment styles.View
European Real Estate: Late-Cycle Value from Manchester to Munich
Can value still be found (or created) ten years into the European property market cycle? And if so, which sectors, geographies and risk profiles look most compelling? Barings’ Charles Weeks weighs in.View
Real Estate Debt: A Time for Balance
Dean Dulchinos, Head of Real Estate Debt Portfolio Management and Capital Markets, recently spoke with PERE about how he expects the U.S. real estate debt market to shape up in 2019—including the opportunities it presents, the shift in both investor types and risk-reward profiles sought, and how credit cycle placement is affecting the asset class.View
News & Events
Barings acquires land for Logistics Development in Madrid
Barings makes first investment in Sweden residential market with €128 million acquisition
Barings Becomes Sole Owner of Avalon Business Park
Barings acquires prime logistics Paco Portfolio in France
Barings appoints Head of Origination for Structured Real Estate investments in Europe