Global Private Finance
- AUM $13.8 billion
(31 March 2020)
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Funds
We believe a solutions focused culture, a partnership approach, an ability to source diverse investment opportunities through global networks, and the capability to maximize value through an entire investment life-cycle are the keys to generating attractive risk-adjusted returns in this asset class.
- EBITDA $/€5-75 million (and larger in Asia Pacific)
- Enterprise values of $/€25-500 million
- Private companies in a broad range of industries
Direct Lending Solutions
- Senior secured loans
- Second lien
- Mezzanine debt
- Equity co-investments
Our Value Add
- Direct Origination: We source global investment opportunities across a spectrum of risk/return profiles. We directly originate and underwrite every deal we invest in and have the ability to create highly customized portfolios to meet various investor needs.
- Scale and Expertise: Large, global team and 20+ years of experience as a consistent leader in the market all supported by Barings’ global enterprise and corporate infrastructure.
- Alignment of Interest: We typically invest our own capital alongside our clients.
- Local Teams with Global Perspective: Global deal flow sourced through local relationships allows us to access opportunities with attractive risk-adjusted return and relative value
- Partnership-based Investment Approach: Long relationships include L.P. commitments to buyout funds and recurring deals with sources.
- Proven track record across regions, asset classes and credit cycles.
Where We Invest
- North America
- Developed Asia
- Australia / New Zealand
The GFC: 10 Years On
The mid-market continues to attract private debt investors as the Fed cuts interest rates. Could this fuel the economy and rev up the deal market, or are we nearing the end of the credit cycle? Eric Lloyd recently weighed in with a panel of experts for PDI.View
Is There Style Drift in Middle Market Lending?
Barings’ Ian Fowler weighs in on the supply/demand dynamics in the direct lending space and explains why looking at the middle market as one cohesive universe can be misleading.View
5 Things to Consider When Investing in Private Credit
In this piece from Benefits and Pensions Monitor, Barings’ Ian Fowler discusses five key considerations for investors interested in allocating to private credit.View
News & Events
Barings Supports Abry Partners in their Recapitalization of Anju Software
Barings Supports Greenbriar Equity Group, L.P. in Acquisition of BDP International
Barings and Alcentra Provide Financing for Francisco Partners’ Recapitalization of Sandvine
Barings Supports ECI Partners in its Acquisition of Moneypenny
Barings Backs Abry Partners’ Take-Private of LINK Mobility Group