Private Real Estate Equity
- AUM $13.9 billion
(31 December 2018)
- Inception Date 1994
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Fund
Our investment philosophy emphasizes strong governance, oversight and transparency. We seek to invest our clients’ capital prudently in private real estate equity, using state-of-the-art research, along with cycle-tested investment and portfolio management experience, to guide our decisions. We seek to add value by actively managing portfolios through an integrated team of acquisition, asset management and finance specialists. We also employ a prudent, pragmatic risk management process.
Our Value Add
- Deep experience: We have nearly 25 years of experience investing in private real estate equity across all major property types and over multiple market cycles.
- Proprietary research: Our research-driven investment process combines fundamental analysis and local market insights from our regional offices with views from our multidisciplinary research and strategy team.
- Integrated business platform: Our in-house equity investment team leverages the firm’s global expertise across private/public debt and equity markets.
- Information advantage: Our regional offices are located in key markets, giving us local knowledge that translates to an information advantage in deal sourcing, underwriting, asset management and dispositions.
- Development expertise: Our extensive experience as a direct developer and through joint ventures gives us access to unique investment opportunities.
Our private real estate equity capabilities include core, core-plus, value-add and opportunistic strategies designed to meet diverse investment needs. We offer investment solutions through a combination of commingled funds, separate accounts, club and co-investment opportunities, as well as diversified exposure to target markets and country- or sector-specific strategies.
Real Estate Debt: A Time for Balance
Dean Dulchinos, Head of Real Estate Debt Portfolio Management and Capital Markets, recently spoke with PERE about how he expects the U.S. real estate debt market to shape up in 2019—including the opportunities it presents, the shift in both investor types and risk-reward profiles sought, and how credit cycle placement is affecting the asset class.View
Barings Alternative Investments – Who We Are & What We Do
Across Real Estate, Private Equity and Real Assets we leverage our deep origination capabilities, and on-the-ground knowledge, to provide access to differentiated opportunities.View
Seeking Opportunities Across Global Real Estate Markets
At Barings, we leverage our deep teams, global presence and expertise across the four quadrants of real estate as we seek to help our clients turn opportunities into real solutions.View
Cyclical Evolution and Structural Revolution
In this piece from Preqin, Barings’ heads of U.S. and European real estate research explore the ways in which structural shifts within cities and industries are presenting an evolving set of opportunities and risks for investors.View
News & Events
Barings acquires land for Logistics Development in Madrid
Barings makes first investment in Sweden residential market with €128 million acquisition
Barings Becomes Sole Owner of Avalon Business Park
Barings acquires prime logistics Paco Portfolio in France
Barings appoints Head of Origination for Structured Real Estate investments in Europe