Global Private Finance
- AUM $25.6 billion
(31 March 2021)
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Funds
We believe a solutions focused culture, a partnership approach, an ability to source diverse investment opportunities through global networks, and the capability to maximize value through an entire investment life-cycle are the keys to generating attractive risk-adjusted returns in this asset class.
- EBITDA $/€5-75 million (and larger in Asia Pacific)
- Enterprise values of $/€25-500 million
- Private companies in a broad range of industries
Direct Lending Solutions
- Senior secured loans
- Second lien
- Mezzanine debt
- Equity co-investments
Our Value Add
- Direct Origination: We source global investment opportunities across a spectrum of risk/return profiles. We directly originate and underwrite every deal we invest in and have the ability to create highly customized portfolios to meet various investor needs.
- Scale and Expertise: Large, global team and 20+ years of experience as a consistent leader in the market all supported by Barings’ global enterprise and corporate infrastructure.
- Alignment of Interest: We typically invest our own capital alongside our clients.
- Local Teams with Global Perspective: Global deal flow sourced through local relationships allows us to access opportunities with attractive risk-adjusted return and relative value
- Partnership-based Investment Approach: Long relationships include L.P. commitments to buyout funds and recurring deals with sources.
- Proven track record across regions, asset classes and credit cycles.
Where We Invest
- North America
- Developed Asia
- Australia / New Zealand
European Private Credit: Positive Momentum
Barings' Adam Wheeler describes the strong and improving conditions in the European private credit market that have led to increased deal flow and higher-quality structures in recent months.View
Three Factors Shaping the Opportunity in European Private Credit
The growing importance of market access, a wider investor base and the impact of ESG on pricing are reshaping the European middle market.View
North American Private Credit: Expectations vs. Reality
The impact of COVID on North American private credit has been surprising in some ways and more predictable in others. Ian Fowler sheds light on lessons learned over the past year and offers advice on how to navigate today’s market.View
Private Credit: Boring is (Still) Beautiful
Barings' Ian Fowler discusses the current state of the North American private credit market, including insights into deal activity, pricing, and how the Barings team is investing through the pandemic.View
Four Themes for Insurance Asset Management in 2021
Insurers have fared relatively well through the pandemic, but there is likely a long and uneven road to recovery ahead. With this in mind, there are four key themes worth considering for insurance company investors in the months to come.View
News & Events
Barings Provides Financing for Forterro’s Acquisition of abas Software AG
Barings Announces Final Close of European Private Loan Fund II at €1.5bn
Barings and Ardian Private Debt Back Macquarie’s Buyout of Premier Technical Services Group
Barings Supports Telemos Capital’s Growth of Sanoptis
Barings Supports Insight Partners in their Recapitalization of CM Group