Global Private Finance
- AUM $13.8 billion
(31 March 2020)
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Funds
We believe a solutions focused culture, a partnership approach, an ability to source diverse investment opportunities through global networks, and the capability to maximize value through an entire investment life-cycle are the keys to generating attractive risk-adjusted returns in this asset class.
- EBITDA $/€5-75 million (and larger in Asia Pacific)
- Enterprise values of $/€25-500 million
- Private companies in a broad range of industries
Direct Lending Solutions
- Senior secured loans
- Second lien
- Mezzanine debt
- Equity co-investments
Our Value Add
- Direct Origination: We source global investment opportunities across a spectrum of risk/return profiles. We directly originate and underwrite every deal we invest in and have the ability to create highly customized portfolios to meet various investor needs.
- Scale and Expertise: Large, global team and 20+ years of experience as a consistent leader in the market all supported by Barings’ global enterprise and corporate infrastructure.
- Alignment of Interest: We typically invest our own capital alongside our clients.
- Local Teams with Global Perspective: Global deal flow sourced through local relationships allows us to access opportunities with attractive risk-adjusted return and relative value
- Partnership-based Investment Approach: Long relationships include L.P. commitments to buyout funds and recurring deals with sources.
- Proven track record across regions, asset classes and credit cycles.
Where We Invest
- North America
- Developed Asia
- Australia / New Zealand