Global Senior Secured Loans
- AUM $9.7 billion
(30 June 2019)
- Inception Date 2010
- Vehicles Available
- Mutual Fund
- Separate Account
We believe attractive, long-term, risk-adjusted returns can best be achieved through a combination of:
- Strong fundamental credit underwriting, with the primary focus on principal preservation
- Active portfolio management to capture the best relative value and identify opportunities for capital appreciation
Our Value Add
One of the industry’s largest global high yield teams.
- 72 dedicated high yield investment professionals allow our team to analyze more opportunities
- Experienced in-house investment professionals in both U.S. and European markets
- Long-term track records in managing both U.S. and European credit
- Portfolio managers and analysts provide an on-the-ground, rigorous approach to managing credit by conducting company visits and regularly participating on management calls
In-depth, bottom-up credit analysis provides unparalleled coverage up and down the capital structure, across industries and geographies.
- Integrated loan and bond high yield research and portfolio management
- On-the-ground resources provide local access and insight into the markets where we’re investing
- Active portfolio management capturing our best ideas while managing risk and optimizing relative value
U.S. Loans: Challenged Market or Veiled Opportunity?
With loan and bond yields currently comparable, we believe—in a somewhat contrarian view to what’s happening in the market—there is a good argument for investing in loans, particularly in the U.S., where the economy appears to be marginally stronger than in Europe.View
High Yield Bonds & Loans: Where to Next?
High yield markets roared back in the first quarter. Can market fundamentals and technicals support continued strength? And how should investors factor in risks ranging from possible recession, to ratings downgrades, to liquidity concerns? Barings’ David Mihalick weighs in.View
High Yield: A Swift Rebound
High yield bonds and loans posted a strong Q1 following the technically induced Q4 sell-off. With defaults still near historical lows, current spreads provide attractive risk-adjusted return potential.View
The Potential Benefits of Global Senior Secured Loans
In the current environment, senior secured loans are gaining traction for their potential to offer a blend of attractive yield and protection against both credit and interest rate risk.View
High Yield: Five Takeaways for the Months Ahead
From trade wars and Brexit to central bank posturing and recessions, there is no shortage of risks facing today’s markets. As we consider high yield in the context of this turbulent environment, there are five takeaways we think are worth considering in the months ahead.View