Global Private Finance
- AUM $14.2 billion
(June 30, 2020)
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
- Commingled Funds
We believe a solutions focused culture, a partnership approach, an ability to source diverse investment opportunities through global networks, and the capability to maximize value through an entire investment life-cycle are the keys to generating attractive risk-adjusted returns in this asset class.
- EBITDA $/€5-75 million (and larger in Asia Pacific)
- Enterprise values of $/€25-500 million
- Private companies in a broad range of industries
Direct Lending Solutions
- Senior secured loans
- Second lien
- Mezzanine debt
- Equity co-investments
Our Value Add
- Direct Origination: We source global investment opportunities across a spectrum of risk/return profiles. We directly originate and underwrite every deal we invest in and have the ability to create highly customized portfolios to meet various investor needs.
- Scale and Expertise: Large, global team and 20+ years of experience as a consistent leader in the market all supported by Barings’ global enterprise and corporate infrastructure.
- Alignment of Interest: We typically invest our own capital alongside our clients.
- Local Teams with Global Perspective: Global deal flow sourced through local relationships allows us to access opportunities with attractive risk-adjusted return and relative value
- Partnership-based Investment Approach: Long relationships include L.P. commitments to buyout funds and recurring deals with sources.
- Proven track record across regions, asset classes and credit cycles.
Where We Invest
- North America
- Developed Asia
- Australia / New Zealand
Private Credit: The Turn of the Cycle
Co-Heads of Global Private Finance, Ian Fowler and Adam Wheeler describe the evolving conditions in the North American and European private credit markets and where opportunities may arise in the months and years ahead.View
Private Credit: Where We’ve Been, Where We’re Going
Industry veterans Ian Fowler and Adam Wheeler describe the dramatic evolution of private credit markets and explain why quality of earnings and varied definitions of ‘senior’ risk could be at the center of the next credit market storm.View
The GFC: 10 Years On
The mid-market continues to attract private debt investors as the Fed cuts interest rates. Could this fuel the economy and rev up the deal market, or are we nearing the end of the credit cycle? Eric Lloyd recently weighed in with a panel of experts for PDI.View
A CIO's Perspective
Barings' Jonathan Bock caught up with industry veteran, William Spitz, on trends in today's private markets.View
Private Credit: How Supply/Demand Dynamics are Shaping the Landscape
Ian Fowler, Co-Head of the North American Private Finance Group, discusses the dynamics of each middle market segment—including upper-end style shift resulting from competitive pressures—and explains why the traditional middle is the sweet spot.View
News & Events
Barings Provides Financing for Forterro’s Acquisition of abas Software AG
Barings Announces Final Close of European Private Loan Fund II at €1.5bn
Barings and Ardian Private Debt Back Macquarie’s Buyout of Premier Technical Services Group
Barings Supports Telemos Capital’s Growth of Sanoptis
Barings Supports Insight Partners in their Recapitalization of CM Group