Global Investment Grade Strategy
- AUM $77 million
(30 June 2019)
- Inception Date 2018
- Benchmark 3-Month LIBOR +250 bps
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
We believe that risk-adjusted returns should be consistent over time and not cycle-dependent. We further believe that such returns can be achieved by constructing portfolios using a disciplined investment process centered on risk management.
Our team’s investment approach is guided by the following key portfolio tenets:
- A commitment to adding alpha via Barings’ fundamental, bottom-up credit research capabilities
- A team-based approach utilizing a multi-dimensional, repeatable portfolio construction and risk management framework
Our Value Add
- We have a highly experienced, collaborative investment culture utilizing a team-based approach led by a senior portfolio management team.
- Our actively managed, investment grade multi-asset strategy invests primarily in a diversified portfolio of global investment grade fixed income assets, including: global corporate credit, securitized products, structured credit CLOs and emerging markets debt, with opportunistic allocations to high yield debt.
- Barings’ global footprint provides an advantage as we seek the best relative value opportunities across geographies, with investment professionals located in the U.S., Europe, the U.K. and Asia.
- Integrated risk management is an important component of our value add. Since 2001, we have followed a risk management process that utilizes both qualitative and quantitative measurements to construct and review portfolios from a risk and volatility perspective.
Fixed Income: Upending the Conventional Approach
Michael Freno, Head of Global Markets, shares his view on where value can still be found in fixed income, despite the uncertain current environment—and why investors may need to look beyond traditional indexes in high yield, investment grade and emerging markets debt.View
Global Investment Grade Mid-Year Outlook
Heading into the second half of 2019, many uncertainties remain for fixed income investors—including a potential near-term recession, trade war effects, and the allocation impact of lower rates. In this webinar, a panel of experts tackle relevant topics across IG asset classes.View
IG Credit: Can the Rally Last?
BBB-rated credits led the first quarter recovery despite early signs of deterioration among fundamentals. With spreads significantly tighter this year, short duration credits may pose an attractive investment option.View
The Changing Face of Investment Grade Credit
In a recent interview, David Nagle, CFA, portfolio manager in the Investment Grade Fixed Income Group, discussed the investment grade credit market, including some of the issues garnering headlines recently and how the market has evolved through the years.View
Investment Grade Credit—Rates, BBBs and ABS
From inverted yield curves to potential BBB downgrade risk, Barings’ David Nagle discusses some of the key challenges facing investors in the IG markets today.View