Global Investment Grade Strategy
- AUM $77 million
(30 June 2019)
- Inception Date 2018
- Benchmark 3-Month LIBOR +250 bps
- Vehicles Available
- Separate Account
We believe that risk-adjusted returns should be consistent over time and not cycle-dependent. We further believe that such returns can be achieved by constructing portfolios using a disciplined investment process centered on risk management.
Our team’s investment approach is guided by the following key portfolio tenets:
- A commitment to adding alpha via Barings’ fundamental, bottom-up credit research capabilities
- A team-based approach utilizing a multi-dimensional, repeatable portfolio construction and risk management framework
Our Value Add
- We have a highly experienced, collaborative investment culture utilizing a team-based approach led by a senior portfolio management team.
- Our actively managed, investment grade multi-asset strategy invests primarily in a diversified portfolio of global investment grade fixed income assets, including: global corporate credit, securitized products, structured credit CLOs and emerging markets debt, with opportunistic allocations to high yield debt.
- Barings’ global footprint provides an advantage as we seek the best relative value opportunities across geographies, with investment professionals located in the U.S., Europe, the U.K. and Asia.
- Integrated risk management is an important component of our value add. Since 2001, we have followed a risk management process that utilizes both qualitative and quantitative measurements to construct and review portfolios from a risk and volatility perspective.
Investment Grade: Stable Fundamentals with Hints of Wear & Tear
IG fundamentals held up relatively well in Q3, despite dampened sentiment and growing macro uncertainty. Spreads were unchanged, but may move wider before year-end.View
IG Credit: Can the Rally Last?
BBB-rated credits led the first quarter recovery despite early signs of deterioration among fundamentals. With spreads significantly tighter this year, short duration credits may pose an attractive investment option.View
The Changing Face of Investment Grade Credit
In a recent interview, David Nagle, CFA, portfolio manager in the Investment Grade Fixed Income Group, discussed the investment grade credit market, including some of the issues garnering headlines recently and how the market has evolved through the years.View
Investment Grade Credit—Rates, BBBs and ABS
From inverted yield curves to potential BBB downgrade risk, Barings’ David Nagle discusses some of the key challenges facing investors in the IG markets today.View